Followers

Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Bookmarks

This is what I have been working on for the past few days. Our Ladies Group at church is hosting a Ladies Inspiration Day on Saturday and the theme is Seasons.  Last year at a stamp convention I had purchased several of these Bible verse stamps that are designed to make book marks. I bought this stamp from Stamp LaJolla that had one of my favorite passages on it and it fit the theme perfectly. The passage is from Ecclesiastes 3 and I volunteered to make 150 simple book marks. They will be laminated and then I will punch the whole and then I will add the tassels. They didn't have to be a certain color or anything so I went through my card stock pile and used up as many scraps as I could. These have been keeping me very busy for the past couple of days, so I don't have a card to show you. I am hoping to finish them tonight so I should be back to card making tomorrow. 

7 comments:

Stephanie said...

How nice of you to make these - I'm sure the ladies will love them :)

Angela said...

Wow, that's alot of bookmarks.. I still haven't finished mine for the new members at church.. I hope your hands don't hurt tomorrow after stamping 150 of them, then you still have to put them together. I feel for you... But the ladies of the church will love them..

Scrapping Julie said...

your so sweet gina. i'm so glad to call you friend. so excited to see you on the 2nd. and not just for class either! LOL

Grace said...

What a great Scripture for this theme! Love these bookmark stamps! Great idea!!! Love them!!!

BLJ Graves Studio said...

Such a neat idea.

Pat (mspfd) said...

What a perfect bookmark design for the Ladies Inspiration Day's theme. Great job.

katiesniche said...

How nice of you to volunteer! That's a lot of bookmarks. I'm sure everyone will love them! Laminating them is perfect! Will be in their Bibles for a long time.