Wow, that took longer than I thought it would! I have been working on so many household projects lately. You might remember that it was our downstairs that had some flood damage last year. We had to rip out all of the carpet and everything. Since everything had to be moved out of the entire downstairs are we took advantage of the POD that was here and kept the stuff in there while we moved everything around. The large den area pre-flood was our bedroom; also in this area was our treadmill and some seating--a couch and a couple of chairs. The laundry area and my craft room was off of that area and then we also have a very small bedroom, bathroom and a storage room in what used to get the garage before hubby bought the house. We decided to convert this room back to the living room and moved my craft area into part of that space. As the water was still coming in, we were trying to move things out of the way and a lot of my craft stuff got shoved into the back (dry) corner and then other things got piled on top of that. We still had lots of boxes for when I moved in after we got married and a few from when Kip moved into the house. Plus moving all these rooms meant that the rooms upstairs got rearranged too. Our pre-flood living room is now the formal dining room, Kip's office is in another rooms and so is the master bedroom and the guest bedroom. To say the least, the house has been upside down for almost a year now. At times it was so overwhelming trying to get it back into some sort of order that I would just look at it and start crying. But finally it is coming together.
Here are a couple of shots of my craft corner. I actually have three of these shelves but only two are pictured because the table is still a little messy and you could see it in the pictures. I don't have any pictures of the whole space yet because we still do not have furniture in the living room part. And you know how it is rearranging your craft stuff, you get it arranged and then when you sit down to craft, you realize it doesn't flow right or whatever so it gets rearranged. And then rearranged again! I am happy with the way the shelves are organized and so far this is really working for me and because it is working, it is easier to keep clean. I put labels on things so you can tell what they are and if you click on the picture, you will get an enlarged version and it will be easier to read the labels. I was going to do all the paper on one shelf, but the height of the individual shelves dictated what would go where to some degree.
Jenna and especially Samantha still craft over here with me quite a bit. Now the things that they use most often are easier for them to get. I still have to get down the stamp pads for them but since they are in a basket I can pull them all down when they are here to make it easier. Since like things are grouped together they are finding it easier to get what they need which means they can put it away on their own too. They each have their own baskets of things that they have bought with their money or things that I have bought them. Most things we share, but we all have a few things here and there that we have bought and are saving for specific projects that we keep in our own area.
I do lots of different crafty related things and some are still in storage in the old crafting space. But the things I use most often are in the new space. Thanks for taking a look!