Followers

Wednesday, January 23, 2013

I am back...with a canning journal



Hello! I know it has been a while since I have been here. Sorry about that. I kind of put myself on a "technology break". It had gotten to a point that I was spending a huge amount of time every day sitting  in front of my computer or the TV and I always had my phone or my iPad in my hand. So other than using Facebook to keep up with my Dad and using the computer to access some recipes, I have been ignoring my computer. I have been able to get my life back in check and have gotten back into a better schedule as far as my technology goes. Originally it was going to be for the month of December, but it stretched out a little longer than I meant for it too.

I have been crafting though. I made a bunch of things for Christmas gifts and actually got every thing done that I had planned to do. If you have been reading my blog over the past year you know that I revived an old hobby and I have been canning a lot. I am still doing that and learning more and more. I decided I needed a way of keeping up with all that I have done. I altered a composition book with some papers and embellishments from the October Afternoon line Farm Girl and letters from Jenni Bowlin. I loved all of these papers too. And can you believe it, a project with no coloring! My canning journal will allow me to have a record of what I have canned and when, where I found the recipe, how much of it I canned and when we finished each batch. I thought by adding when we finished the batch it would help me in the coming years to know how much I need to can and how much we are actually eating. Kip thinks we will never get through all the jars, but I told him he would be surprised that we will run out of most things before they are in season again. I am also decorating a binder to store canning recipes that I have found online using the same papers and embellishments.

I will be around to visit your blogs soon!



*************************

So while I have been missing, we celebrated Kip's birthday, our anniversary and Christmas. I will try and post some of the things that I made for all of those events.


5 comments:

jimlynn said...

Gina, first of all, glad that you're back. I always love looking at your cards and projects. I think a break is good!

This is super! I've been keeping a journal of my canning for years but never even thought to decorate the cover, etc.....Love this idea and thanks for the inspiration. This is just precious and just the right images for it! LOVE IT!

Lynn

Karin said...

Welcome back and what a great crafty share today! She's just adorable, and I love the checked paper that you chose!

Dell said...

What an adorable book! And, we all need the technology break from time to time. Glad you are back!

Anonymous said...

Gina,

I love your canning book. All your paper choices are perfect. You have inspired me to make a canning journal for my step mom and aunt, who are canning queens.Have a great weekend.

Allyson

Lorraine said...

Hey Gina, I know what you mean about taking a technology break. Sometimes it gets addicting and takes over, lol. Good to take a break or in my case, slow down for a while. Glad you had a great Christmas. Your canning journal is too cute!