Followers

Thursday, April 30, 2009

Thank You

Last night, the girls, their mom and I were standing around talking about my upcoming trip to Papertrix in Indiana. Well, Judy is not a paper crafter at all, so I was trying convince her that this store was worth the five hour drive and telling her about the great selection of stamps that they have and how the stamps are not the stuff that you can find in the big box stores. She mentioned she needed some Thank You notes and wondered if I might be able to find Thank You in Asian characters when I go. I told her that I could find one in my craft room because I knew I had this stamp from Stampendous! Oh the joys of having just the right stamp when you need it. These are business related thanks you cards, so I kept them fairly simple. I stamped with Versa-mark and embossed the image with black embossing powder. I decided to do a little something different with the brads so I made these two trios. Thanks again to my mom, I have a couple of little pots of gold powder that I have no idea what the original purpose was, but I have found that I run the edge of my paper over the Versa-mark pad that it adds a nice touch on the edge of layers. All in all, a pretty simple card, and it fit the Ways to Use It challenge-- to use black. I ended up making a couple of different versions, but they are all pretty much the same, just a couple of slight changes from card to card. Thanks for stopping by today!

19 comments:

Jennifer Scull said...

perfect card for her! I like the simplicity of it plus the addition of the brads! way to go! maybe you'll make a stamper out of her yet! ;) and have a great time when you get to the coooolie-o store! can't wait to hear the report back!

Sara said...

Love it!!! I think I have that stamp too, have to look now. I love the colors

Becky said...

Love it.. I love red and black together, this is gorgeous.

Saved By Grace said...

It is awesome when you have just the right stamp...I love what you did with the card and the ink on the edges is a great idea.

Michelle said...

wonderful card in a striking color combo with great details..TFS!

Dori Shelton said...

You have a friend that's not a paper crafter? (gasp!!) Perish the thought!I think this is so classy and elegant. TFS!!

MiamiKel said...

These colors are stunning! And what a nice card to make for a friend - have fun at the stamp shop!

The Wired Angel said...

Wow.. this is so different than what we normally see.. Way to go!

cr8iveme said...

what a lovely and elegant card.

M.E.

Lesly said...

I love oriental themed cards. This one is great with the addition of the brads. Thankyou for sharing.

The Mama Monkey said...

Well, you know how I love the asian inspired cards! This one is fabulous! I like how you stated true to asian colors!

Leigh Ann Baird said...

Your card is bold and elegant. It is great when you have just the right stamp for the job!

Susan (peebsmama) said...

The colors for this are perfect for an Asian themed card. I can't imagine driving 5 hours to go to a stamping store. Wow. You are truly devoted.

peggysue said...

Finding just the right stamp is so exciting. This is a very classy, simple card, great job!

Cheryl Walker said...

You did a beautiful job on this card!!! I love the colors and the look of this :)

Hugs,
Cheryl

Dell said...

What a fantastic card! I love the colors that you used on this one.

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous card...have fun on your outing to the store :)

Dru said...

Love this color combination and the image. Very striking!

katiesniche said...

We lived for 3 years in Japan and Asian cards always catch my eye. Love the layout and always the black/red are perfect.