Followers

Saturday, May 2, 2009

Gift Tag

I have been trying to play along with more challenges lately and have been having fun with them. For me I know that when I play along with a challenge, I will try new color combos, new techniques or like in this case I will make something new. I keep saying that I am going to make my own gift tags for different things but I always put it off to the last minute and then never have time to do them. The challenge issued by Judy this week in the Hanna Stamps forum was to make anything but a card and it had to be flat. Since I am dragging the non-stamping women in my family to Indiana with me so that I can go to a Copic class and stamp shopping I had decided to make little treat bags with snacks and things for the car ride. So ta-da! I actually have tags completed for that project. I used the Passport Hanna set, stamped with Memento ink and then colored with Prismas and Copics.  I punched out the tag with a Sizzix die and then covered it with paper from Making Memories. The scalloped piece was made with a Fiskars border punch. The words are hand lettered and do you see the label on the suitcase? The joke is that I will need an extra suitcase to hold all the stamps I am going to buy. 

My parents are here visiting for the weekend. Not sure what we are going to end up doing but I am sure we will have a good time. Thanks for dropping by! 

13 comments:

Sara said...

Gina, it's darling!!! Have fun with your parents.

Jennifer Scull said...

this tag makes me giggle! make sure you put it on the stamp suitcase!!!! ;) and load it up FULL!!!!

Becky said...

This is sweet, I love this tag.

Kristi said...

Ooo I just love tags and this one is just adorable. The colors are wonderful.

Jacquel said...

This is a cute card and I do like the image you used! tfs!!!

peggysue said...

Very cute! And I love your enthusiasm for your trip, that's the stuff that memories are made of, and I hope you have a WONDERFUL time!

Judy in Indiana said...

Hey there! I am going to see you on the 17th at Papertrix. I want to live there, too.

Actually, I have to call tomorrow and see if there is room in the class, but Candice and I will be coming together.

Happy birthday to you! You sure don't look your age.

Pat (mspfd) said...

This is adorable. What a great idea. Enjoy the trip!

Ellibelle said...

What a fun tag! Love the colors.

mamia (me and mine in Alabama) said...

Love it!

Michelle said...

how cute is this!?
so adorable..TFS!

laos348 said...

Very cute! And I love the suitcase labeled stamps!

Anonymous said...

What a cute tag. Iam jealous - a Copics class. We will want lots of tips when you get back.