Followers

Sunday, November 29, 2009

A Good Place for a Nap

This pretty much sums up my philosophy in life since I am a big fan of naps! Shirley's 2 Girls is having a design team call and you can read all the information here. Since I have been having so much fun with their stamps and playing along with their Twisted Thursday challenge, I decided to submit my projects and hope for the best! They provided a sketch for us to follow and gave us the twist of using Paper Piecing on our project. I thought this chair would be the perfect thing for the paper piecing part of the challenge. I stamped the image directly onto the striped paper and then cut it out and added the silver brads to the chair arms. Then I stamped the image twice onto white paper, on one, I colored the dog and cut it out and the other became my main image panel. The circles were cut out with Nestabilities and I ran the smaller one through the Big Shot with a Swiss Dots folder. The ribbon is actually a stamp from Clear Dollar Stamps, from a set called Embellish It. I haven't done a lot of paper piecing, but recently I found some small, very sharp scissors which makes cutting out those pieces a lot easier. so I think I might try it a little more often.  Supplies used: main stamp image from Shirley's 2 Girls, paper and card stock are DCWV, brads are from Jo-Ann's, CB Swiss Dots folder, circle Nestabilities and ribbon stamp is from CDS.

24 comments:

Cindy Haffner said...

Amazing, i love your colors, paper and design.

Georgia Ehrmann said...

This is wonderful! Good Luck!

Vicki said...

Great job, Gina! Awesome papers and I love this image and sentiment! Good luck with the DT call! Blessings to you!

Melina said...

Love the striped DP. Great work :)

HappyCrafter said...

Cool card, and the paper piercing is really neat. I like all the extra touches, like the brads on the arms of the chair etc. Good luck with the design team!

Scrapping Julie said...

good luck with the design team call gina. i hope you get it. i really like this card and the super fun bright colors!

Jennifer Scull said...

this is GREAT!!!!!! you are in for SURE!!!!! :) I'm pullin' for ya!!!

Ginny said...

love the paper piecing on this, looks fab :)

Pat (mspfd) said...

Superb take on the sketch! Wonderful paper piecing and design; colorful and perfectly done.

Anonymous said...

Holy Moly...what a chair...that is an incredible job of paper piecing...Kristine

Angela S. said...

THis is so cute Gina!! I love how you used those brads!! just too Cute!! Good luck on with the DT call.. I'm praying for you to get it..

Michelle Forrest said...

Adorable card!

Good luck with the DT!

Payne Holler Cards said...

love it! made me smile! your piecing is perfect and lovin your details! you have GOT to be chosen!!!!

Laura Jean (LJ) said...

Love the layering and the couch is fantastic!

Mandy Schneider 97 said...

O I'll cross my fingers for you! I hope you get it!
I love this card! the colors are awesome...great job!
Mandy

Silli said...

wow Gina, I love the design, the colors and the papers are fab!!!!! *smile* and big hugs Silke

Dori Shelton said...

Awesome card. I love the paper and colors you chose as well as the paper piecing. The sentiment is too cute!

loretta said...

Now I so have to check out the MFT stamps again. Love the stripped coach and poped up pooch! Cute!

Unknown said...

I think your card is great! Love the paper you used and the paper pieced couch...so cute!

The Wired Angel said...

Hi Gina!! Belated Happy Thanksgiving. I love your card...and Riley is so cute. He recently moved to a new home just a few miles away from me (new owner)... I'll get to visit him more. Special hugs to you, Peggy

Jane Wetzel said...

WOW...This is PERFECT! :)

Virgo5 said...

Oh this card is awesome! I love everything about it, the colours, the dimension with the popped up dog, the patterns, shapes & the great use of the brads! Good Luck Gina, I hope you win!

Shelly Katzung said...

Really love the vibrant color choice...and layout.

Anne said...

LOVE the colours in your card, looks great! Good luck with the DT call