Followers

Monday, April 23, 2012

Steampunk Card




Good Monday Morning!! I hope you had a great weekend, I did, relaxing and productive too. I have a project to show you that I made last week. I think this is one of my favorite things that I have ever made. I  think I am going to get a frame for it and use it somewhere in my house. It is a digital image and I was in a hurry when I was printing and I wasn't paying attention to the size I printed it out. It was a little large for the size of cards that I normally make but decided to see what I could do with it any way. I ended up loving the finished product so much that I don't want to give it away. As soon as I find a frame, this will be gracing a wall in one of my bedrooms. The image is from Simply Betty Stamps, papers are from DCWV, not sure about the lace and ribbon, but I think they both came from Hobby Lobby, brads and leather photo corners are from Making Memories.

I am entering this into the new Oozak Anything Goes Challenge. Oozak has a new challenge blog that just went live this month.


~~~~~~~~

Thanks for all the comments on my gardening attempts. I am having a lot of fun with everything. I grew up in a family that grew most of our vegetables and have done my share of picking and canning every year. I haven't done much since Kip and I got married though. We have a great backyard for sitting and relaxing, but not gardening. It is a very shady spot. I decided I really wanted to do something this year though and I think the moveable boxes will help me do that. Samantha had a sleepover here the other night and she is just as fascinated with everything that I am. I went to the back and was sifting through the compost to get enough to add to some more pots and she had so much fun with that. We also harvested our first strawberry! She ate it an proclaimed it delicious and juicy. 

Have a great day!

9 comments:

Pat (mspfd) said...

This is gorgeous, Gina; and will look beautiful framed and hanging in one of your bedrooms.

Kathy and Lucky said...

Oh, definitely frame this one! Your coloring is just amazing, I am always in awe of what you color. Love the crackle effect behind it. So much for Samantha to be able to see what comes from love and gardening. We have a few cherry tomatoes trying to make their way to my salad:)

Karin said...

This is beautiful! Love the lace embellishments and I think it's a keeper too. So glad you are going to frame her! Glad to hear you are trying to garden. Ever since the deer situation has gotten bad where I live, I'm down to only herbs in pots. I still love being able to pick and add them to my dinner meals. I miss them in the winter time :)

Lorraine said...

Wow, I love this gorgeous creation, Gina! Your coloring rocks and love the crackle background paper and the trims! Definitely put into a frame!

Maria@Crafty Cre8tions said...

Well it is gorgeous and I can see why you want to keep it! aside from the gorgeous coloring/image - that background paper is really cool!!! Love the ribbon too!!!

Make sure to show it to us on the wall once it's hung!

Dell said...

Absolutely fabulous design! Yes, it is definitely one to frame.

Mel said...

So beautifully done and beautifully colored. Thank you for joining us at Oozak's first challenge :)

Tammy said...

WOW Gina this is AWESOME!! Your coloring is absolutely gorgeous!! I love this card!
Tammy :)

Maria Matter said...

Wow, Gina this is gorgeous!!!
you did an awesome job pairing the colors & paper with this image!
hugs & blessings