Followers

Friday, May 4, 2012

Sweet Pea Card




Good Morning! I have a card to show you today that I made using a Sweet Pea image. The image is from artist Elaine Cox and is called Mirima. Normally when I make a project, I will start with an image and decide what colors I want to use and then after it is fully colored, I will then look for matching papers and embellishments. But every once in a while I will fid an embellishment I want to use or papers that I really like and then look for an image that will give it the look I am going for. I found this paper at Jo-Ann's and really liked it for some reason. It has an ever so slight peachy tone to it so I grabbed some peach colored card stock since it isn't a color that I work with very often. Then as I was leaving, those seashells from K & Co caught by eye and I had my embellishment. I knew I wanted an image that looked like it came from the ocean and I knew that I had several Sweet Pea images that would fit the bill. So for this card, the image that is normally my starting point ended up being the very last element that I chose. Details: all the papers came from Jo-Anns, the ribbon I found at Big Lots a while back, shell is K & CO, I used some Stickles on the flower and a pearl pen on the bubbles, image is from Sweet Pea stamps and was colored with Copic Markers.


I hope you have a great weekend. There is a yearly fair held at a local park near us that features artists from many different places. There are lots of pottery exhibits, jewelry makers, stained glass works, paintings and photography. There are also times that you can go and see featured artists at work. Last year was the first year that we attended and we had a great time so we wanted to be sure and go back this year. Kip is working part of the weekend and then we are going there. I LOVE pottery for some reason, not making it, but I love looking at it and buying pieces here and there. I also really enjoy looking at the all of the stained glass pieces. I am sure we will go and see The Avengers at some point too, but that pretty much sums up my weekend plans.

Have a great weekend!

8 comments:

jimlynn said...

WOWSERS! This is just stunning! Your coloring on her is over the top beautiful and everything coordinates just perfect! So beautiful.
Lynn

Cheryl said...

Stunning! I love the papers and colors. The perfectly accent your beautifully colored image.

Scrapping Julie said...

HI GINA!! i love the stoney looking paper so perfect with this image

Kathy and Lucky said...

I would say you need to frame this one, it is a wonderful work of art, just stunning. Sounds like a wonderful weekend, love pottery and stained glass, it is such an art.

Pat (mspfd) said...

Gina, this is spectacular. Everything could not be more perfect -- the coloring is amazing; the colors, papers and embellishments set the stage for the absolutely gorgeous image. What a great card!

Annette Bowes said...

Gorgeous card Gina! Perfect image for you embellishments! Amazing colouring, have a lovely weekend and enjoy the fair, take careX:)

Lorraine said...

Yowza, Gina, this is stunning! You have colored that beauty gorgeously and I love your card design & colors!

Maria@Crafty Cre8tions said...

WOW! Just gorgeous!!!! Everything about it! her face coloring, hair, eyes!!

Great job!!!

Love that 'sand' paper too!!!!!!