Followers

Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Watermelon Card



Good Morning! I hope your week is going great for you. I am having a pretty good one myself. I remember when I was a young girl, during the summers we would often stop by a fruit stand on the way home from church on Sunday nights. We would stop by my grandparents and share with them. I remember it being something to really look forward to, sitting under their big tree in the front yard, eating watermelon, juice dripping down my face and arms and just being so happy. Happy in a way that belongs only to children with no cares. Then as it would get dark my sister and I, and later our brother would run around the yard chasing lightening bugs. Now, I love watermelon for the taste of it, but I also love images of watermelons and they never fail to make me smile and remember eating watermelons at my grandparents'. I love this image from Pholkart Blessings, I love that the slice of watermelon, especially the size of it! I also like images of ants, but don't have any fond memories of ants and food! Image is colored with Copic markers, paper is from The Paper Studio, little black pearls are from my stash and the letters we cut out from a Sizzix alphabet set. 

Have a great day!

4 comments:

Auntie Em said...

Love your fresh summery design. And you have to admire the determination of the ant ready to carry off that large yummy slice of watermelon! :)

Patti Moore said...

Isn't it great when a picture can bring back loads of happy childhood memories?... I'm so glad that "A Sweet Slice of Summertime" did just that for you Gina! :)

Such an adorable card!... and I LOVE how colorful it is! Your red gingham background is perfect!... Definitely reminds me of the simple joy of family picnics!

Lorraine said...

What a bright & cheery image & design, Gina! But after seeing & reading your post, now you have me drooling for watermelon! Ever put some salt on it? even more yum! ok, I better stop thinking of it, lol.

Kathy and Lucky said...

I so enjoy coming to your blog and hearing your stories and memories that relate back to your sweet cards. This one is too cute with the watermelon and gingham, loving it.