Followers

Thursday, August 30, 2012

Card Cupids Box in the Mail



I thought I would take a minute and show you the box that I am going to be mailing to Card Cupids today. I have included some crayons, some coloring books, craft activities, bookmarks, a couple of journals and some coloring kits. I also added cards for all the children from the Current Card Requests page. I pick up things here and there as I find them and when the box is full, I send it in. Right now is a great time to pick up notebooks for journals and crayons since most stores are still having their big school supply sales. I have been hitting the sales when I can because I can get more things for my money, and hopefully bring smiles to even more children. 

I have learned though, that I don't have nearly enough boy stamps! I have mostly little girls and older boys in my life and it definitely shows in my stamp collection. If I didn't have Rileys, I don't know that I would have anything to use for boy cards. You can see Batman Riley peeking through the vellum envelope. I tend to make a lot of 5 1/2" x 5 1/2" cards and sometimes can only find the vellum ones in that size, but I kind of like that you can see the card.

Here are some of the book marks I made to include in the box:

(using some of my older sets--a couple of Hanna Stamps sets, a Basic Gray dinosaur set and the ladybugs from The Angel Company)


I have shown these journals before but since they are in the box, decided to show them again. This one uses an image from Michelle Perkett:


And this one uses an image from Clear Dollar Stamps. 



Thanks for visiting with me today. If you would like to learn more about Card Cupids, click here.
To see the current Card Requests, click here.
To learn about items Card Cupids sends in their Happy Mail packages, click here.

(I felt like a phone recording for a minute there!)

5 comments:

HappyCrafter said...

What a great kit! It is great what you are doing to bring some fun and joy to little ones. For boy cards, you might want to see if Dustin pike still offers digits-- they used to be very affordable with lots of great images for little guys.

Sharla said...

Very awesome care package, a lot of kids are going to get happy mail!! I love Card Cupids and their mission, it's such a selfless thing to do. :)

MiamiKel said...

Seriously..... Gina! You just WARMED my heart!! This is an absolutely heart-warming and kind-hearted thing to do! I haven't mailed the CC in awhile (since my FBD DT days) but you have inspired me to look into this again. They will love each and every item and I know it will be a treasure to receive (and love the Riley card I spy for THomas!) Bless you, sweet girl!

Karen said...

Hey Gina, Great package! You MUST look at the comments here:
http://www.cardcupids.org/blog/?page_id=2523#comment-450

This is why we do what we do!
Thanks for being a Card Cupid!

Karin said...

What a fantastic package that will surely be loved! Thanks for sharing!