Followers

Saturday, February 7, 2009

Trying Something New

I have long admired these scenes created with all the individual stamps and finally decided to attempt one. I started with glossy card stock and using a brayer, rolled on several different colors of ink. I think there are actually about eight different colors on this card. I wish I had added a little bit more color in my sky but other than that I am pretty happy with how this first attempt turned out. This card using the Mini Silhouette Scapes set from Clear Dollar Stamps and ink from CTMH. This set was just released this month and has 45 stamps in it so it has tons of possibilities. I had fun making this one and will be doing more of them. Recently, I have been trying to try new techniques and products to see how I enjoy them. It's funny, I have discovered I have a little bit more artistic abilities than I thought.

Thank you so much for leaving comments on Samantha's art project. She was so excited to see it on the blog and when she realized she had comments, she was so happy!  One of the first things she does every day after homework is grab my phone and look at my blog (and yours too Julie!). She loves coming over to our house and playing in the craft room. So thanks again for encouraging her.

I hope everyone is having a great weekend. Last night was our monthly craft night and that is always a good way to start the weekend. We invited the younger girls this month and had a craft project planned especially for them. I knew most of them needed to make Valentine Boxes for school this week so we provided the supplied for that. We had four young crafters that created boxes and they all had a great time. I think it is something that we will definitely do again. 

I did something I never do this morning. The only places I like to go shopping are craft stores, book stores and kitchen gadget stores. That's really about it. I decided to go to the mall today. I think I am good for another few years! I did hit Michael's, Jo-Ann's and Hobby Lobby so the day wasn't a total loss. Do something fun today!

1 comment:

Anne said...

Looks great-love the brayered effect.