Followers

Friday, February 13, 2009

Valentine Treats

This is a sample of the treats that I help the girls make for their Valentine exchange at school. We made about 50 of these little triangle treat boxes and filled them with Hershey Kisses. I bought a giant stamp from Inky Antics that has the cutting and scoring lines on it so all you have to do is stamp it and then cut it out.  They decided to use white paper and then stamp with various heart stamps. Every treat box is an original work of art, I don't think there is a duplicate in the the bunch! I am not sure where all the heart stamps came from, we just picked out all the small hearts from their stamp collection and mine. All inks are CTMH and ribbon is from JoAnn's.  You can't really see it in the picture, but we made tags with a small circle mounted onto a small red scalloped circle. Once again, I was so happy that I have a Scor-Pal now. I have used mine far more than I ever thought I would. When I first got it, I had a place for it, but I use it so much that it just stays on my desk all the time. Kip uses it and the girls like using it too when they make cards and mini-books.

The girl's mom thinks I am a little crazy that I enjoy making things like this. She is not a "crafty" person. She provides the girls with art supplies but they still love coming over to my house because I have more stuff. I am proud to say both girls know how to use the Scor-Pal, can cut their own die cuts with my Sizzix and know the difference between wet and dry embossing! Have a happy Valentine's Day. My hubby and I are going out for breakfast which is my favorite meal to eat out. 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am glad to hear you love your Scor-Pal. The Scor-Pal Angel would like to send you a Scor-Mat so your Scor-Pal will look very pretty on your work surface. Of course that is not the only reason, it is mighty functional. Check out the Scor-Pal web site to read all about it. Please send your address to info@scor-pal.com explaining "The Scor-Pal Angel has arranged for myself to have a Scor-Mat with her blessings".
Enjoy
The Scor-Pal Angel

Unknown said...

Very sweet!