Followers

Monday, March 30, 2009

CAS Challenge


The Challenge this week from my Ocean's 11 group is to make a CAS (clean and simple) card. Our challenge was issued by Peggy Sue. This is the first one I have made in a while. After learning to layer, match different papers and adding embellishments, it was kind of nice to go back to a simpler card. I used a Studio G stamp from Michael's that I stamped with Memento ink. After stamping the image, I went over the outline of the chick body with a Sakura Glaze pen. I really like these pens, they come in several colors and leave a slightly raised, glossy look. Then I added yellow fun flock and then went in with the orange Glaze pen and added some color for a beak. I also tracked the legs with the orange pen. I used copic markers to color in grass and the sky and tried to draw in the grass. I think I should have use a slightly darker shade for this because it blended in with the overall color. I used my long rectangle Nestabilities to make my scalloped mat. To finish the card I scored three lines on the bottom border of  the card using my Scor-Pal.

I had a lot a questions asking me where I got the frog stamps from the spinner card. I got it when I went to the Stamp Scrap Art Tour and it was made by Repeat Impressions. It's one of those booths that I purchased several stamps from. Okay truthfully there wasn't a booth that I didn't buy stamps from!

14 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love all the details on your card!

Sara said...

So So cute, love the chickie

peggysue said...

That is so cute! You've got the little grass in there and the sky, and you are using my favorite colors!

Anne said...

sweet-looks very stream lined.

laos348 said...

Great job on the CAS cards. Adding the fun flock to those chickies was a great idea.

Kim said...

What cute little chicks! Great CAS card.

Jennifer Scull said...

what a cute stamp! they have some really neat ones at Michaels right now! you did a great job with your challenge! :)

Carmen said...

Very cute!!!

Unknown said...

love your coloring, your chicks are adorable.

Grace said...

Just as sweet as can be! Love the image... I almost bought this one and then put it back! :( Great CAS card!

specialcraftmom4 said...

Cute card!!!!!

Holly said...

I think this is just adorable! Love those little chickies! Well done with the challenge!

Unknown said...

how cute! i like the embossed accents on the bottom half of the card.

katiesniche said...

Great card for the challenge! Love the scores on the bottom, perfect.