Followers

Thursday, March 19, 2009

Mini Clipboards and Kid Art (Long Post)

Good evening! This is a long post with lots of pictures today. The girls are on Spring Break this week and have been crafting a lot. Tomorrow they are leaving with their mom to meet some friends for a small vacation. Jenna decided to make gifts to take for all five of the little girls that will be on the trip. To help her out a little, I made these mini clipboards out of cardboard coasters. I covered them with Mod-Podge and and then covered them with paper from DCWV. The paper clip is covered with coordinating paper. The I used my Crop-A -Dile to punch a hole through the coaster and used ribbon to attach a mini gel pen. I love the Target Dollar Spot. I use these little gel pens on a lot of gifts and I can usually get 8-10 of the mini pens for only a dollar.

Of course she needed something to put her goodies in so I showed her how to make a Mini-Pizza box. I made the first one and then gave her the directions and the Scor-pal and let her make the other four boxes. I was very happy that she was able to do them on her own with no assistance.
Here is the outside of the boxes labeled with each girl's name. I am pretty sure the original directions for this box came from Jen del Muro and was featured on SCS as a technique challenge one week. They are great little boxes, handy for a lot of different uses.
The inside of each box has a panda keychain and something else made with Sculpty clay, the mini clipboard and a card. 
Now here is Samantha's card creation for the day. She used an older Stampin Up bird and stamped it several times, colored and then cut them out. We cut the strip of green to look like grass and then glued the birds down to look like they are playing follow the leader. She drew in her background with brush tip markers and the clouds are made with a Sakura glitter pen. See the little wisps on the outside of the cloud? That's not a smudge, she drew the wind.  Thanks for stopping by!

6 comments:

Grace said...

My goodness... I see the talent runs in the family!!! I love the little mini clipboard idea! Kids love things like that... and the mini pizza box is the perfect presentation! She did a great job and her cards are adorable too! What fun it is to watch the kids come into the world of art too!

The Mama Monkey said...

Adorable projects! That mini clipboard would be a hit at my house too!

Sara said...

These are adorable-great job

Saved By Grace said...

These are so cute....they will make great gifts...

Kay said...

Too cute! I bet everyone had the best time making these projects. Gotta love the Target $ spot :)

Unknown said...

oooh - you were busy! awesome project for younger stampers.