Followers

Sunday, October 30, 2011

Day 11 of Simply Betty's 12 Days of Halloween


I have another Simply Betty project to share with you today. I can't believe tomorrow is Halloween. We had a fun time last night with some friends and family at our Halloween Bash. I tried something new, I made some black bean burgers. I have one vegetarian friend and instead of buying some frozen ones I wanted to try and make them. I didn't think that many people would eat them so I planned on freezing some to have some quick lunches on hand. But they all got eaten! We made three kinds of burgers and they were the first plate to disappear. I will be making those again.

On to today's project! Our inspiration from the Simply Betty Blog:

On the eleventh day of Halloween
My true love gave to me,
Eleven casks a-leaning,
Ten ghouls a groaning,
Nine ghosts a booing,
Eight monsters shrieking,
Seven pumpkins glowing,
Six goblins gobbling,
Five scary spooks,
Four skeletons,
Three black cats,
Two trick or treaters,
And an owl in a rotten oak tree.

I used this Edward Scissorhands image from the Burton Chibi line. When I saw casks, it made me think of a science lab and that make me think of this image. I love the Edward Scissorhands movie, but it makes me really sad. the image is Simply Betty, papers are from Martha Stewart and the border is from K & Co.

One more challenge post to go and then my Twelve Days of Halloween will be complete!

2 comments:

Karin said...

Your Edward looks so awesome! I love the frozen spicy black bean burgers, but maybe I should try making them myself...Funny how they were the ones that were gobbled up! Happy Halloween!

Lorraine said...

Ooh ooh, I love this image! I bought it, but haven't used it yet, sigh. Love your card design and your coloring of Edward!