I want to wish everyone a wonderful Thanksgiving. I braved Wal*Mart this afternoon to get groceries and came home and did most of my cooking this afternoon. This year we are having Thanksgiving in town with Kip's parents. My contributions to dinner are Cranberry Chutney and Green Bean Casserole and the most amazing Pumpkin Cookies. I got the recipe from Erica's blog and they are so delicious and they make the house smell so good. My card here uses the sketch from today's challenge on SCS. Riley is colored with Prismacolor markers and I added some silver Gelly Roll pen on the buckle on his hat. I used about 5 different colors on the turkey. I think the turkey looks a little happy here. Maybe, Riley gave him a pardon? Pretty simple card tonight. Happy Thanksgiving is from Studio G and was stamped with CTMH Chocolate ink. All my paper is from DCWV.
I know I have a lot to be thankful this year. If you want to keep reading I will list a couple of them for you. Of course I am thankful for my husband and my family so these are some other things:
1. I am thankful for friendships that have gotten stronger over the last year.
2. I am thankful for new friends, especially three ladies that joined our Sign Language class this year. I am so thankful that I have gotten the chance to get to know Janet, Leslie and Vi. They are all crafters! All three are such beautiful ladies that have enriched my life so much in the short time I have known them.
3. I am thankful for my job.
4. I am thankful for this blog and the friendships that it has brought me.
5. I am thankful that Julie and Angela have encouraged my hobby and taught me so many new things to do ( my wallet isn't so thankful though!).
6. I am thankful that I don't have crazy in-laws! Mine are great enough that we go on vacation with them every year and it is fun! They will even sit outside of craft stores and wait on me for almost two hours!