Followers

Monday, January 26, 2009

Simple Pleasures and I won some Blog Candy!

I don't know about you, but this card makes me want to whistle the theme song from "The Andy Griffith Show"! I have always been a big fan of the show, the black and white ones, anyway. I think I had a small crush on Andy when I was younger! Truth be told, I really love all the old sitcoms from that era. I always show Kip the cards that I make and when I showed this to him, he said the same thing about whistling. The stamp is by Inkadinkadoo, I stamped it using Palette ink and then mounted it onto the brown card stock and then onto the black paper. I took a black pen and drew in the dots surrounding the image. Since I was thinking that this would make a great card for my grandfather, I decided to leave it fairly simple so it would look masculine.

The past couple of weeks have been a little crazy. Due to the cold and wet weather, my pain level has been pretty high which makes me a little irritable and I have been working extra hours which doesn't help anything. Imagine how happy I was today when I got home today and found a box sitting on the kitchen counter. I followed a link from SCS one day and found Carrie's blog and have been reading it for a while now. She makes some really nice cards and I love her photos that she has posted. I try not to complain too much about the cold after reading her posts of how cold it is there in Alaska. I won some blog candy from her blog and this is what she sent me:
So a million thank yous Carrie and you made my week! I can't wait for the weekend to roll around so that I can get busy will all my new things. 

The forecast here tonight is for freezing rain and ice. I hope everyone is safe and warm, no matter where you are. 

7 comments:

Anne said...

This is so handsome-yeah I can see the Andy Griffith theme song playing in m head-I'm good with that!

Unknown said...

Wow, that's some really great blog candy. Love your card!

specialcraftmom4 said...

Great set of Blog Candy! Great card too (:

Scrapping Julie said...

holy cow thats alotta schtuff!!!
yea for you.
love the card!

Jennifer Scull said...

whoa nelly - you hit the treasure chest there!!! ;)

I have that stamp and really do enjoy it! it reminds me of my Dad when he would walk the road by his home, but the dog was MUCH bigger! grins!!!

Unknown said...

Holy Crap that's a lot of stuff! My blog anniversary is coming up and there's no way I can come up with blog candy like that! All I can say is HAVE FUN!

Unknown said...

Looks like you hit the mother lode! Hope you have fun with it!