Followers

Thursday, September 2, 2010

Twisted Thursday--Use Flocking or Feathers

Welcome to another Shirley's 2 Girls Twisted Thursday!! And out twist is to use either flock or feathers. This was a great challenge for me and the timing was just right since I just found my bin of flocking stuff this past week. Isn't that rooster just the cutest? As much as I love the rooster, I really like the sentiments that came with this image too. I colored my image with Copic markers and then used both red and brown flocking on him. I decided to go with a farm look here, with my gingham paper and "hay bales". Gingham paper is from The Paper Studio, card stock is from DCWV and the flock is from Doodlebug. My hay bundles are pieces of yellow paper cut very thin and then tied with a piece of brown paper. Thanks for stopping by and don't forget to check out the rest of the DT! 

Want to play along? Make your own project following the "twist" and then link it to the challenge site

11 comments:

Marlene said...

Love it! Perfect papers for this card!

jimlynn said...

So cute Gina.....Love the farm look and your little bundles of hay are just TOPS!!! So cute.
Lynn

Ann English said...

Gina, this is so cute-the paper is perfect, too!

Scrapping Julie said...

too cute gina. love the "hay" idea

Irena said...

Thank you for your sweet comment!
You have wonderful creations.
I wish you wonderful weekend!

Sending you a lots of smiles, Irena

Pat (mspfd) said...

What a super design and colors. Love your creative bundles of straw and your wonder combination of 'feathers and flock', Gina! Enjoy the rest of your holiday weekend!

Dru said...

This is so cute Gina - love this image with the gingham! Hugs, Dru

Cindy (Stamp With Me Cindy G/Stamping Therapy) said...

Very cute. Love your choice of colors, papers and embellishment for this image.

Payne Holler Cards said...

LOL crazy about the sentiment too! "woo hoooo" is part of our communicating around here (-:
this card is adorable - love the gingham!

Maria Matter said...

oh Gina, this is a perfect country card...I LOVE it!!! great papers for this adorable image, wonderful sentiment too! WooHoo!
hugs & blessings!

Anonymous said...

I never considered putting red gingham and a rooster together. Great idea and very, very clever! Plus, your little bundles of straw are just adorable accents!