Followers

Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Oops, one more Halloween Card!

I forgot that I had one more Halloween project to share.  It's a little sad that it's all over now. I still haven't put away all the Halloween papers and embellies though. {{Sigh}}, maybe I will start that project later this afternoon. Anyway, this card was made for a challenge to use your favorite Halloween candy as the color inspiration. I chose York Peppermint Patties and got my colors of the bag of them I bought last week to pass out the the trick or treaters. Yes, that's right, I bought them for the kids, not myself! Maybe a ate a few. Or most of the bag, who is counting?? My card uses an image from Shirley's 2 Girls, an embossing folder from Spellbinders, papers from DCWV, photo turns and brads from Joann's and button flowers that I have had in my stash for a zillion years. I painted her wings with Twinkling H2O paints.

Here is what I am grateful for today.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Gina, this is so gorgeous girl!! I love the shimmery wings and her crown is sparkled just right! :) HUGS

jimlynn said...

You don't normally think of Halloween cards as being gorgeous, but THIS ONE IS!!!! So pretty. Maybe I like it so much, too, since York Peppermint Patties are my FAVORITE!!!! I KNOW I would have eaten every one of them before the trick or treaters even made it to the door!
Lynn

Marlene said...

Beautiful! Just think...now you can work on sparkly Christmas cards! :)

Mandy Schneider 97 said...

WOW!!! all of your cards are awesome Gina!!! I think you did a phenomenal job!!!
mandy

The Mama Monkey said...

Isn't it funny...I just found a Halloween project that had yet to be posted! And I love the nontraditional colors you used...I honestly thought it was a Holiday card until I saw the trick or treat bag!