Followers

Monday, July 13, 2009

Ready for a Swim?

Good afternoon! I made this card for one of the challenges in the Hanna Stamps forum. It was a sketch challenge provided to us by Sandra. I thought this sketch was so cute! I know it is on that I will use again. You know how much I love Riley and this was the perfect sketch to use. I love this color combo too, it just says summer to me and is perfect for little boys. I use these colors a lot when I am making things for my nephew Silas. When he was born, I helped my sister start a scrapbook for him and the book used these colors. So I always think of him when I use this combo. I started by stamping Fins Riley with Memento ink and then colored him with Copic markers. The paper is from a Making Memories pack with all these great coordinating patterns and the brads are from The Paper Studio. That's it for today! i am going to try and sneak in a quick nap before I have to leave again.

18 comments:

Sara said...

So so cute! I love this color combo too!

Cr8ive ME said...

what a cheerful card.

M.E. aka CMCMaryD@SCS

Jennifer Scull said...

everything about this card makes me smile! the colors are fantastic! I remember when my boys looked just like this when they went to the pool or beach! (well, minus the horns, anyway!! grins!)

peggysue said...

This is perfect for a little boy and it makes me remember my kids at the beach, oh boy, the memories! Your coloring keeps getting better and better. Looks great!

laos348 said...

A super cute card! Riley is adorable, I like the colors and I like the combo of the patterned papers.

Stephanie said...

Love how you placed the brads, Gina!! A perfect summery card for little boys!

Scrapping Julie said...

so cute gina, the colors are so bright. i love this sketch. i should try it.

Holly said...

I think Riley is just too cute for words! I love the layout and color scheme too - bet your nephews scrapbook is just as darling!

Becky said...

Great card.. Love the dp and your coloring is great.

Susan Raihala said...

What a cheerful card! TFS your art, Gina. It's so fun checking in every day!

Dru said...

How cute is this!! Love Riley - everything about him!! The colors are perfect!

Martha said...

ahh sooo cute!

Loretta Rodger said...

This is so adorable. Love the colors!

Scrubbysue said...

Heeheehe...this little riley stamp is so precious! and he looks great for summer!!

Sarah {SCS: Sairabee} said...

This is adorable, Gina! I love all of the bright colors. Nice work!

JenniferL. said...

Love the colors, you do a fantastic coloring job on all your images.

The Mama Monkey said...

Yes, I would love to swim with Riley! Adorable card and I love the colors that scream SUMMER!

Michelle said...

Too cute! I love it!