Followers

Monday, December 7, 2009

Christmas Stockings

Good Evening! I have decided it is time to get serious about getting my Christmas cards done! I do make a bunch of different designs, especially for cards that I will hand deliver. But I also need several that will needs to go in the mail so I try to keep them a little simpler with fewer embellishments to keep postage costs low. This is one I have made to go in the mail. I have had this stamp for a very long time, since before I really started stamping and no longer know who made it. The image caught my eye one day and I bought it and it sat in a drawer for a long time after that! I do love the old fashioned looking, hanging stockings, even though they are a little hard to color. They were colored with Copics with a couple of touches with a Spica pen, I didn't want to them to be too glittery so there is just a hint of sparkle. The sentiment is from a Studio G set and was stamped with CTMH olive ink. The paper is from a paper pack from Hobby Lobby and the brads are from my stash.

How is everyone doing with their Christmas shopping? We were planning to go and hopefully finish up tonight, but I am still nursing a cold, feeling better, but not up for a marathon shopping even and Kip had to work late so we will have to go later in the week. I try to avoid all malls on the weekends leading up to Christmas though! As of right now I have exactly two gifts bought, my mom wanted craft supplies and my niece wanted a sign language book. Actually, my niece wanted the book I teach out of, but I found her one that included some flash cards, so I think she will still be happy. I have those two gifts and that's it! Have a great night!

11 comments:

Pat (mspfd) said...

Perfect card with no lumps or bumps!! I love that image and you did a fantastic job coloring it.

JazzyH said...

I love the image and the paper you used.

Maria@Crafty Cre8tions said...

Hey Gina - Great stamped image. Those old fashion stockings are great!
No homemade cards for me! I love sending out pics of my dogs - but I gotta get going on taking the picture!!!

Stephanie said...

Love the argyle!! and perfect for mailing...that's what I need to get my rear in gear with - I think I'll be in embellishment withdrawel :)

Angela said...

THis is a great Christmas Card Gina!! I have really got to get the lead out and start really geting into getting mine done. I started on last night but just could bring my-self to finishing it. Hopefully tonight I will. I still have card finished and ready to post, but I didn't even feel like even setting down at my computer!!! Gina, I love these Christmas colors and those stockings are just perfect!

Silli said...

Your card is very pretty Gina, I love the image...The colors are fab! Hugs and happy day"

Scrapping Julie said...

glad you are starting to feel better. i made a few Christmas cards but no where near what i usually make.

Cindy Haffner said...

Love your card Gina.

Lynn McAuley said...

What great paper with this fun holiday image!! Such a delightful Christmas card, Gina!

I don't have a fireplace so my stockings are all hung around my front picture window. Wouldn't be Christmas without them!

Nancy said...

I really like this card.... the argyle pattern is perfect for the stockings!

Dori Shelton said...

Love the simplicity of this card. Great colors and patterns. Well done!