Followers

Sunday, December 13, 2009

Twisted Thursday--Glitter or Bling

Looks like I have been gone for a few days! I have been hard at work on Christmas projects that I can't post yet because they are for friends and family that read my blog and I don't want to spoil the surprise. This is the card I made for the Twisted Thursday Challenge. The twist this week was to use glitter or bling on your card. I used glitter card stock but the glitter was not cooperating with the camera today. I started with this cat image from Shirley's 2 Girls. I think one of the reasons I love their stamps so much is that they have several cat stamps with some pretty mischievous looking cats. As the owner of three such cats, these images really make me smile. My image was colored with Copic markers, the metal clip is from Paper Studio, paper is from DCWV Pet Stack and the ribbon is just some I had on hand. 

We did something fun tonight. Our anniversary is Thursday and instead of buying each other really expensive gifts, we try to do something fun and new. Kip has been planning these activities but this year he said I could. His surprise was tickets to see the Star Wars Concert. Wow. I have seen most of the movies, and enjoyed them, but he is a big fan. It was awesome. Here is a link if you want to check out their website. The music and narration was just incredible and in the lobby they had lots of exhibits of props from the movies, costumes, backdrops and some of the handwritten music. It was very impressive. One of our friends from church was there, sitting a few rows behind us so I asked him to take a picture of us together as a memento of our anniversary celebration.  Awww, I just love him so much!
Thanks for visiting! I am almost done with Christmas so I will get back to regular posting in the next few days or so. Have a great week!

17 comments:

Angela said...

Gina, this is just too cute!! I'm glad you all had fun!! And Happy Anniversary!!!

Silli said...

Hello Gina, your card is so sweet, love the image and the colors... TFS your photo...;-) so swwet! Hugs and happy day!

Cindy (Stamp With Me Cindy G/Stamping Therapy) said...

Very cute card. You really featured the image nicely on your card. Happy Annivesary also. Love the photo of you and hubby.

Cheryl said...

Cute card! Love the DP.

Debbie said...

Gina - Happy Anniversary! Sounds like you had a wonderful night. Love your card. The DP is fabulous with that image. Thanks for playing along with us over at shirleys2girls Twisted Thursday! We love seeing your work!

Pat (mspfd) said...

Happy Anniversary! Sounds like a fabulous evening. My DH & I have been doing the same for Christmas and anniversaries for a few years now and it's been great.

Stephanie said...

Happy Anniversary!! I had a student go to the show a few weeks ago when it was in Pittsburgh, and he LOVED it too! Glad you both had a great night :)

Perfect dp for your adorable card!!

susanwilliamsrn said...

nice picture gina! glad you and hubby had a great time at the show!

JazzyH said...

Happy anniversary!

Payne Holler Cards said...

happy anniversary! love the pic! and your card is wonderful :)))), have enjoyed your Christmas projects!

Angie Williams said...

Love how your card turned out! Too cute!

Maria@Crafty Cre8tions said...

Love the card!! I'm not a cat owner, but I see all the sneaky things they do at the shelter I volunteer at!!!
Happy Anniversary! Seems like it was a great night :)

Scrapping Julie said...

great card gina
HAPPY ANNIVERSARY to you and kip!!!
what a great wife you are taking him there for an anniversary gift!

Gina Lindsay said...

Julie, I keep telling him the same thing!

Anne said...

love the image and love the way you've coloured it - fab card! Happy Anniversary and thanks for joining Shirleys2Girls at Twisted Thursday!

Denise Clark said...

What a great anniversary celebration! I love the picture of you two together. You look so sweet and so in love! How many years married?

Love your kitty card! I agree with that sentiment. Love the DP!

Anonymous said...

Your blog keeps getting better and better! Your older articles are not as good as newer ones you have a lot more creativity and originality now keep it up!