Followers

Thursday, December 3, 2009

Twisted Thursday--Tin or Foil



The S2G Twisted Thursday Challenge was to use the provided sketch and add the twist of tin or foil. I love the look of embossed foil so I pulled out this snowflake embossing folder. I usually fold my foil in half and then in half again before running it through my Big Shot and embossing it, I think it gives it just a little more strength and body and makes it a little easier to work with. My Snow man image is from Shirley's 2 Girls and was colored with Copics. I added a little Liquid Applique on the gloves and some Crystal Snow glitter on his body. I then cut out the image and used pop dots for some dimension. The big chunky glitter at the bottom is from Martha Stewart and the snowflake rhinestones came from the dollar bin at Jo-Ann's. The sentiment is from a Studio G set and was embossed with white embossing powder. Like I said, I really like the look of the embossed foil, but it isn't the easiest thing to take a picture of! No matter what angle or lighting I use, I end up with light spots. That's okay, it looks great IRL!

Tomorrow night is Craft Night at church, so if you are in the area, make sure you join us. The only thing I will be working on is my Christmas cards. I did get an early start this year but there are several more on my list. I don't make a lot of the same design usually. One reason is that I get bored making the same thing over and over and the other reason is that I have so many Christmas images that I try to use as many as I can. I have several friends that collect snowmen so I have made several with this image. Thanks for visiting with me!

19 comments:

Payne Holler Cards said...

your pic turned out great! love the idea of double folding the foil..will try it...I always end up tearing my foil - maybe doubling it will help TFS
have fun at craft night! wish I was close by :)))

Grace said...

Oh how cute is this! I love the foil! I still have not tried it because I'm afraid it will tear but your fold idea would solve that! I wish I was in your area... I'd be there... sounds fun!

HappyCrafter said...

what a neat idea to use foil, it looks great.

Unknown said...

Cute! Love the bright shiny background foil too! I don't see how you have time to keep up with all this paper crafting

JazzyH said...

Very cute! Thanks for the inspiration to use the foil.

Diane (djuseless) said...

What a creative use of foil! I have not tried embossing on it before but I will have to try it now! TFS!

Michelle Forrest said...

so CUTE!

Cindy said...

Love the card Gina!!
Also, received my Secret Sister package today from YOU!!! You are absolutely wonderful!! Please see my blog!!!

http://luciesflooziestwo.blogspot.com/2009/12/i-must-have-been-very-very-good-girl.html

peggysue said...

Oh my word, what a great idea! This reminds me of those old tin ceilings, except so much brighter! So pretty! And what a great layout too.

Jennifer Scull said...

this is wonderful, Gina! makes me REALLY wish for embossing plates now.... :) love the way that turned out!

Silli said...

HOw cute is this... I love the funny image...Love the colors and the cuttlebug bg... TOP! Hugs and happy weekend...

Cindy Haffner said...

Oh I love your foil, great idea.

Georgia Ehrmann said...

great card, and I love your hint for folding the foil!

Pat (mspfd) said...

This is terrific. Your image just pops and the foil really is a great touch!

Have fun shopping this weekend!

Justine said...

What a great idea, this is "SNOW" much fun

Anne said...

What a lovely sparkly Christmas card! Great foil embossing, thanks for playing along at Twisted Thursday with Shirleys2Girls

S2G said...

WOW! you did a great job with this weeks TWIST! love our little snow man! thanks for playing...DEIDRE

Stephanie said...

I made a card not too long ago using foil and I loved the technique....it looks so cool!

Debbie said...

Fabulous Card! Thanks for playing with us over at shirleys2girls Twisted Thursday Challenge.