Followers

Sunday, September 21, 2008

Another Halloween Card


I always love Halloween as a child (and truth be told, as an adult too). I remember always having so much fun planning for my costume and eating all my candy. What was your most memorable costume? I remember when I was maybe 8 or 9 or so we had gotten costumes, I can't even remember what they were supposed to be, but mine was yellow I think and maybe my sister's was green. It had a poncho type thing that covered your body and matching face paint. And an inflatable headpiece! You blew it up and put it on like a bonnet. We dressed up every year and mom would take up around to all the relatives to trick or treat. Crazy what we remember about our childhoods. I think I have more Halloween Stamps than anything else. This little "Frankie" is from TAC's Happy Haunting set. I stamped it with Brilliance ink and colored it with Prisma markers. Then I went over it with Glaze pens from Sakura. I really like those pens. I accidentally got a black one when I thought I was getting a plain black gel pen at Jo-Ann's one day. I ordered a set of 12 different colors from TAC recently. It gives your writing or coloring a slightly raised and glossy look. The paper is from The Paper Studio and the ribbon is from HL. I used a white gel pen to draw in the stitching.


I have been working off and on trying to rearrange my craft space. I have the desk area done. I am also almost finished transferring my stamps to CD cases. That has really taken much longer than I thought it would. I was going to try and finish it tonight but I ran out of the cartridge that goes in my label maker. I didn't feel like going out so I stopped. I took a couple of photos:


This is my craft desk I have several craft interests, it's not all stamping stuff. A lot of things can be used no matter the craft so it is all in one area now. I love those hardware containers for all my little things. I have everything in there. On top I have other bins to hold my bigger stuff. Under that I have my Big Kick (yea! it finally has a home on the desk), my BIA, acrylic blocks and a couple of other odds and ends.


When I am sitting at the desk this is to my left and now houses all of my coloring options. I love that divided storage for my markers. I got it at Big Lots. I only bought two of the cubes but really needed a third. My friend Angela had one and gave it to me! Three works perfect. My coloring pencils are beside there in the box and in the leather case. My water based markers are behind there too.

And finally, here is my CD stand that is now stamp storage. It rotates and holds just as many on the other side. Now, the things that I use the most often are within easy reach. I am still working on the shelves in the back part of the room and will post them when I have it done. It really isn't that big of a space and one day when it is all together I will post a picture of the room so you can get a sense of the size. Thanks for stopping by tonight and have a great week!

2 comments:

Kipinski said...

Looks Great. I know how hard you worked to get it done. I am very proud of you.

Ann said...

TFS your crafting space. I recently redid mine, but I'm always looking for better, more efficient ways to store all my stuff. :D