Followers

Thursday, September 18, 2008

It's Almost Friday!


I am so glad the weekend is almost here. Finally. We don't really have anything planned so I plan to spend a lot of time relaxing and doing nothing except maybe some stamping. Homework was rough tonight so I didn't have a lot of time in my craft room. I forgot how much I dislike fourth grade math! I did manage to get this card done though. The paper is Daisyd and the cardstock is DCWV. I ran a strip of paper through my Big Kick with the CB Swiss Dots embossing folder. The cardstock has a white core so I ran some sandpaper over the dots to bring out some of that white.I used a circle punch to take off the corners of the DP and the stamped image. The stamp is from See D's and was stamped with CTMH Heavenly Blue ink, and then I put UTEE on the image and heat set that. It is hard to see in this picture but it is nice and shiny. Each of the four corners also has a decorative accent in it.

Here is what I spent most of my craft time on tonight. This was Samantha's project for this week. Flat Stanley came to each child's home for the week. Stanley was supposed to go to work with a parent and document his week in photos. This was a family project and the girl's mom always lets me do the crafty projects. This is what we came up with. I used my Bind it all to make the book and then used the same paper as above to decorate the cover and added the Flat Stanley that Samantha colored. Then Samantha and her mom put in al this pictures and the descriptions. Have a great Friday!

1 comment:

Kipinski said...

When I saw this card in person it stopped me in my tracks. It is really very beautiful and elegant. Quite impressive.