Followers

Saturday, September 15, 2012

PAB Yellow and Red Color Challenge




Good Morning! Welcome to the second Pholkart Blessings color challenge! The colors for this challenge are RED and YELLOW. It just so happens that those are my favorite two colors so this was a fun challenge for me to do. I used this fun Back2School image for my projects today. 

I have a friend that teaches kindergarden in a low income school and she usually has a few students that are lacking school supplies. I know she puts lots of her own money into her classroom so I try and get a basket together for her at the beginning of the year with some of the basics from her class supply list. Not only am I able to help out a little, it works great for me since I LOVE to buy school supplies and have no little ones to buy them for, so it is a win-win for both of us. 

One of the things I love about digital images is the fact that I can change the size of them depending on the project that I am making. On this Post-It holder, I was able to make the image small enough to fit on this 5 x 7 frame. I added some alphabet paper from DCWV and some 3-D apple stickers to finish the project. 


I also wanted to make her an altered composition book, personalized with her name. I used the same image, but larger this time since I had a lot more area to work with. So they would coordinate, I used the same alphabet paper, the same red and yellow card stock papers and then I used a Sizzix alphabet to cut out the letters in her name. 


And here is the final basket:



We would love for you to join our challenge
Remember the colors are red and yellow and you can win 2 images of your choice from the Pholkart Blessings store. You do not have to use a Pholkkart Blessings for your entry, but if you are the randomly chosen winner, and you have used a Pholkart Blessings image, you will win an additional image of your choice. I can't wait to see your entry!!




4 comments:

Patti Moore said...

What a thoughtful & super CUTE project, Gina! I'm sure that your friend appreciates your gift of school supplies at the start of a brand new school year!! :)

jimlynn said...

Fun and cute AND useful! Love the paper you used on here Gina.
That's wonderful that you can help out on some of those supplies for the kids!
Lynn

Anonymous said...

Really adorable and what a fun gift for a teacher!! Love that alphabet background so much!! :) Have a great weekend friend!

Pat (mspfd) said...

What a great idea, Gina Fun projects and generous box of goodies!