Followers

Monday, September 10, 2012

Riley Birthday Challenge



Happy Monday! I had a card to show you that I made for the Riley and Company challenge this week. The challenge was to make a birthday card. Perfect timing for me, the fall brings so many birthdays so I am in need of lots of birthday cards. And the challenge provided incentive to get some done instead of waiting to the last minute. Several of the birthday cards will need to go through the mail , so I kept the embellishments pretty minimal. I used paper from Basic Grey and Cake Riley is from Riley and Company and colored with Copics, I added some "card candy" and a tag that reads "celebrate" to finish my card.

We had such a nice weekend here, the weather was really nice. Kip and I went out for ice cream Saturday night and since it was so nice, he suggested sitting outside while we ate it. I agreed, by the time we were done, we were both a little chilly. It's the first time I have felt a little touch of fall in the air. Fall is my favorite time of the year and I can't wait until it is officially here!

Have a great day!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh I just LOVE this Gina!! What a fabulous way to use this Riley!! Love the colors and pretty floral papers!! :)

Maria@Crafty Cre8tions said...

Super cute!!! Love the pink/brown combo!

Ice cream sounds yummy!!!!!!!!! We're getting the chill up here too.

Pat (mspfd) said...

Cute card, Gina! Love the combination of colors and background papers.

Shelly Schmidt said...

I LOVE Riley- this card is darling- and the DSP is so fun!

MiamiKel said...

Well you know I LOVE this!! What a fabulous creation!! Thanks so much for joining the Riley and Compan y challenge this week!

HappyCrafter said...

Cute birthday card, I am always looking for b'day card ideas! Riley is perfectly coloured, the shading etc looks great.