Followers

Friday, September 7, 2012

Simply Betty's Monster Mash Blog Hop


Welcome to the Simply Betty MONSTER MASH BLOG HOP!! You should have arrived here from Katya's blog and if you want to start at the beginning so you don't miss any of the awesome stops on this blog hop then you can start here at Betty's blog

The challenge was to create anything Halloween using any of the Simple Betty Stamps Halloween images. I chose to use two of the images from the Steampunk Halloween 2012 images A Little Arsenic Before Bed and Jack and Jill. 

I decided to try and make more of my Halloween decorations instead of being limited to what I could find in the stores. I started with two wooden $1 picture frames and painted them very bright green, then a layer of crackling medium then topped that with a layer of black paint. After that was dry, I added the ribbons and the rosettes. I have decided that these will be sitting or hanging fairly close to each other so I put the decorations on opposite corners. 

A Little Arsenic Before Bed:


Jack and Jill:



And a close up shot of both images:






Your next stop on the hop is LISA.


Supplies used: images from Simply Betty Stamps, colored with Copic markers, wooden from from Michael's, acrylic paints, Tim Holtz Rosette die, skeleton and poison bottle from Joilee's, ribbon from Michael's, background paper from Recollections, and silver beads from my stash. 

33 comments:

Kelly said...

Wow! Stunning frames x

Erin said...

wow stunning and beautiful work xxx

Erin said...

wow stunning and beautiful work xxx

Jennifer Scull said...

oh I love how that green shows through on the frames, Gina! so cool!

hope you are doing well. have a most wonderful weekend! :)

Betty Boo! said...

Stunning Gina! Love the colors, they look Elegant and Creepy!

Corinne said...

oh Fantastic frames! LOVE those COLORS!! Great job!
Hugs

Anda said...

Gorgeous - love the colouring of the images and the paper/ribbon goes really well with them.

Olivia said...

This is amazing coloring. Great job on both frames.

jimlynn said...

Super cute and FUN!!!
Lynn

Louise said...

I LOVE these! Where did you get that little bottle from? Gorgeous! xx

Crafty Louise

Trudie said...

Beautiful framed pictures. Gorgeous colouring. Would love to have these on display. xxx

Shell said...

One word for both STUNNING..
Shell xx

Suzi McKenzie said...

WOW They are stunningly beautiful, love everything about them, I'd love to have them on my wall, awesome creations.
hugs
Suzi
xxx

Unknown said...

Those are going to be excellent decorations! the green really makes them pop!

Scrap Vamp said...

Magnificent! I love the coloring, the papers, the frames, ribbon, everything!

DistinctiveLMNts said...

I love the frames and the green is Popping, you did a great job with the images.
Lisa
)))hugs(((

Irene's Creations said...

GREAT job on your picture frames! Love them.

vixen said...

Great frames they look fab x

Marie97 said...

Great job! These turned out fantastic...better than anything you can buy!

The Scrapping Factory said...

awesome job! I so love it....Fabi xxxx

Ginger said...

I love it.... wonderful idea

Tanya said...

Stunning!! love the bright green with the black...perfect Halloween colors

Rachel said...

These are crazy cool I would love to have them hanging in my house ;)

Robin's Crafting Creations said...

Both are wonderful

Kathy said...

Gorgeous frames! What a perfect way to showcase an SBS image!

Shelly Schmidt said...

Great decorations! Love the bright vibrant colors you used too!

Trish a.k.a stampi said...

These are beautiful..the colouring is fabulous and I love the little embellishments..wow

Unknown said...

Just gorgeous!!! I LOVE the colors.. that green is just awesome!! And the black frames are great!

Maria@Crafty Cre8tions said...

WOW!!!!!!!!!! These are just perfect!!!!!!! Oh my - you really did such an awesome job on these Gina!!!!

Great decorations!!!!!!

Flutterby Trina said...

both look wonderful! Love the colours you have used! x

Karin said...

These are amazing! Wonderful art work should be shown off in a frame and these are simply amazing! Your coloring on the dresses blows me away :)

Beth said...

Gorgeous! Love the handmade embellishments, always nicer making your own x

Karen said...

WOW! Phenomenal coloring, and love the color combinations!