Followers

Monday, September 17, 2012

Card Cupids Challenge--A Sketch



Good Morning! It is time for our mid-month challenge over at Card Cupids. Our sponsor for this challenge is Sassy Cheryl. In additon to this we are also participating with Sketch Saturday who shared their sketch with us. They also shared some of our Card Cupids DT cards to their blog as well. 

Here is the sketch we followed:

For my card, I used the image "Noah and Patches" from Sassy Cheryl and colored it with Copic markers. I was really happy to receive this image to work with becuase I have found that I am seriously lascking in images to make cards for little boys. I have to admit though, that the teddy bear totally intimidated me, I haven't ever really colored one that I was happy with. Even though I have seen lots of images with them I usually shy away from them. I am very happy with the way this one turned out!

We would love for you to join our challenge. Simply create a project with the avobe sketch and link it to our challenge post

Want to brighten the day of a child? Here is the Card Cupids list of current card requests. 

6 comments:

Pat (mspfd) said...

Wow! Precious image, beautifully colored. Loving your background papers and your take on the sketch, which you nailed! Beautiful work, Gina!

jimlynn said...

Gina, this is adorable - and your coloring on the bear is perfect! I'm always afraid to color those things too but you did wonderful. Love the ticking background paper.
Lynn

Maria Matter said...

Good Monday Morning Gina!
your little boy card is adorable, awesome coloring too!
hugs & blessings

Anonymous said...

I just love these images!! Such a sweet card with gorgeous coloring Gina!! :)

Dell said...

This is just adorable! Very pretty colors for this image.

HappyCrafter said...

this is a very sweet card, and your colouring is perfect, including the teddy bear, you should definitely be proud of how it came out :-)