Followers

Thursday, September 27, 2012

Vampire Scrapling



I learned something new! While reading the new challenge on the Riley and Company blog, I saw that the challenge was "Scraplings".  I had no idea what that meant so fortunately they provided this description: 

So what are scraplings???? Scraplings are normally 1.25" x 4.25" because they are often made from the off cuts you get when you make a square card (4.25" square) from a piece of card that is 4.25" x 5.5". However if you are like me your scraplings may be a little wider depending on what you are working on at the time. Now for me 1.25" is way too narrow and I normally have wider card then that left over so you can makes yours wider .... BUT for this challenge they cannot be any wider then 2.5 inches that is for the base of the scrapling ... you can have wider pieces hanging off your scrapling if you like, but that is up to you.

I thought that was pretty cool, especially since I end up with so many scraps of paper that exact size! My scrapling uses Count DracuRiley, colored with Copics, some  bat paper I have had for a while, some baker's twine gifted to me by my friend Jennifer, and some mini red brads. 

Fun challenge and I know I will be making more of these. 

6 comments:

Karin said...

How cute is he? LOL! Love him :) I loved the scrapling idea when I first heard about it too. I only made one, but then couldn't decide what to do with it, since it seemed so small for the envelope I had...lol! Maybe I'll give it a try again, since I have tons of those same pieces :)

Maria@Crafty Cre8tions said...

Scrapling, huh? Interesting!

Love this project! The brads up the top are perfect!

Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh!! How stinkin' cute!!! Riley is so fun on this bat background!!! Great scrapling creation Gina!! :)

HappyCrafter said...

very cool use of scrapings, this is super cute and fun!

MiamiKel said...

How darling is this!! He is a gorgeous Moose, all dressed up for the scariest night - or the Twilight premiere! :)

Hugs!!

KristyLee said...

Ha Ha this is too cute!