Followers

Sunday, July 13, 2008

Paper Piecing


This was my first attempt at paper piecing. I have seen a lot of cards made using this technique and I have been wanting to try it. I love the look but was a little intimidated because I don't really enjoy cutting out small things. I thought this My Favorite Things stamp set would be great to start with, it's not too small. I stamped the image and sentiment with Brilliance ink and colored in the coffee mug and arms with Copic markers. The paper on the dress and the background paper are both from DCWV. The pink is from a box of DCWV pre-made cards, the spring collection, I think. The brads are from Jo-Ann's they were in a larger pack with a lot of bright colors. Pretty simple, but I liked it. It is something that I think I will do again.
I have learned an important lesson; never agree to do something without getting very clear details of what your involvement with be and get it in writing! Don't take anyone at their word when they say three songs and add the words "maybe a couple more"! Three plus a couple does not equal twelve or thirteen. I am trying to learn all these songs and (gulp) learn them before Saturday morning. Fortunately someone took a couple of hours out of their busy schedule today to help me, so I am not feeling quite as sick about it. He also talked his wife into helping me with a couple of the songs too. Have a great week!

No comments: