Followers

Monday, December 22, 2008

Altered Mint Tin

The last time I ordered from Papertrey Ink, I thought I hit the button to order nugget tins but I accidentally got these tins instead. I had thought about altering these at some point and decided now would be the time since I had six shiny, new ones! Every year I adopt an angel to buy Christmas gifts for. This year, I had a young girl that wanted very little. I got the boots that she requested and some necessities and then, to stretch my budget, I decided to include some things that I had made. I know when I was that age, I loved anything that had my name on it (and nothing ever did, because Gina was always spelled Jena and that just wasn't the same). Since I knew her first name, I made this little purse, a composition book and and apron, all personalized for her. The person filling out her paperwork said she liked all colors, but wasn't very fond of pink, so I went with purple and green. The paper is from The Paper Studio, ribbon is from Hobby Lobby, the tin is from PTI and the letters were die cut using Sizzix Wingo Zingo alphabet.

I went Christmas shopping today. Really for the first time this year. I had picked up one gift and Kip had gotten a couple, but the rest of my shopping was done today. Every where I went was busy, but not as bad as I thought it was going to be. The worst place was Dick's Sporting Goods. That place was a madhouse! I am not sure how much I will be around over the next few days, I am still trying to finish the homemade gifts! I have only been able to post of few of these since some of the recipients read my blog from time to time. Good luck to you, if you are like me and postponed your shopping until the last minute!

3 comments:

Scrapping Julie said...

oh Gina, I am sure she will love it. I know I also loved having stuff with my name on it when I was little. I even had shoe strings with my name on it!! teehee.

Unknown said...

What a great gift! I love personalized gifts, both giving and receiving. She's going to love it!

Anonymous said...

This is so awesome!