Followers

Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Prayer Journal Gifts

This is another composition book that I altered for a gift this year. I made several of these, but they were all similar. This one uses paper from The Paper Studio and ribbon from Hobby Lobby. The ribbon runs under my stamped image, starting the black border of the composition book and then I left enough on both the front and the back so that I could tie a bow to keep the book closed. The stamp set I used is from Clear Dollar Stamps and is called Prayer Journal. I love this set, the cross is beautiful and there are several options for personalizing a journal. Here, I embossed the cross with Espresso embossing powder and then stamped the words Prayer Journal with CTMH Cocoa ink. When I was putting the paper on the cover, it extended beyond the cover so on the bottom, I bent the paper up and then attached only the sides to create a pocket. In the pocket, I included this bookmark:

The bookmarks used the same paper as the matting on the stamped image. The Bible verse stamp is from Stamp LaJolla and was stamped with the same ink that I used on the journal. I am off until Tuesday! Hope you all have a great Christmas.

3 comments:

Scrapping Julie said...

this is very beautiful Gina!
Hope you have a Merry Christmas

Anonymous said...

These are breathtaking! Merry Christmas!

Anne said...

Very pretty-and inspiring! Merry Christmas!