Followers

Monday, December 1, 2008

Meow means "I Love You"

I hope everyone had a great weekend. We spent the weekend at my parents house. I got to spend some time with my niece, she had an art project due. We made an Arctic diorama. Kip taught her to make penguins using Sculptey clay. I wish I had taken a picture of it, it turned out very cute. We got home much later last night than we had planned, so I came in, started a load of laundry and then crashed.

There is a story behind my little cat card here. I have a friend, Judy that teases me, good-naturedly about my crafting habits. I tease her about a lot of other stuff. This weekend she had a cat that has been hiding out in her garage. Of course, her daughters are begging to keep the cat and have already named her (Hailey-because that rhymes with their puppy's name, Bailey). They are feeding the cat but she told them it could not come inside because it did not have a litter box. They came by here tonight and since we have three cats, Jenna wanted to know if they could borrow one of our litter boxes until the weekend! So I decided to make this card for Judy, just for kicks and giggles. I colored the cat above to look like the cat in her garage. I was looking through my stamps tonight looking for something that I wanted to work with and as soon as I saw this one I thought of making here this funny card. All of the stamps are from Clear Dollar Stamps. The "Meow" part of the sentiment is from the Cat Toys set, but the rest was computer generated. Images were colored using Prisma markers and the paper is DCWV. I hope you all have a friend like Judy that you can laugh with!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

This card is too cute! I love the story behind it. Please let us know if they keep it.

Conni said...

Awww too cute...the story and the card!!
C

Carmen said...

Nice card and a story.

Jennifer Scull said...

super cute card! love the story! :)