Followers

Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Another Ornament


I am madly making Christmas things now. You will probably see mostly Christmas items for the next couple of weeks. I started early, but doing things here and there, and now I am running out of time! I found these cute square ornaments at Hobby Lobby. I guess they are ornaments but I think they could also double as place card holders on a table because of the way that the top is made. You could easily slide a piece of decorated card stock into the top of the ornament. I colored the snowman's face with Sharpie paint markers. This is the first time I have used their paint markers and let me tell you, they are the ones I will buy from now on. I like the fact that they come in three different sizes. I also like that they had a larger selection of markers that could be bought as singles than the other paint markers. Pretty simple. I am going to add a ribbon at the top but I am not sure where it is going so I couldn't decide on my color yet. To give it a snowy look, I added those tiny little styrofoam balls, which was not an easy process. So this may be the only one like this that I make. The opening at the top is so very, very small.
This Saturday we are having our monthly crafting event at church. If you are local I hope you are planning to join us. Email me and I will make sure you get all the details. Normally we do a Friday night, starting at 6 and going until after midnight. Because Christmas is fast approaching we are going to try and work all day on Saturday, finishing cards and hopefully getting some gift projects done. We are also going to be having a "Christmas Showcase" where we will have several ideas on display (and directions) that would make great gifts. Hopefully we will have a wide variety of items to showcase. Thanks for stopping by tonight!

14 comments:

Melyssa said...

OH my gosh!! I LOVE this!! talk about adorable.

Unknown said...

I love it!!!! Too cute!

Anonymous said...

This is truly precious! TFS

Jennifer Scull said...

that is so cute! I like the square ornament for the snowman head! so fun!

Elizabeth said...

SO cute Gina. Love it!

Thanks again for my award. I have linked to you on my blog.

specialcraftmom4 said...

I saw these ornaments at HL, but I would have never thought of making it a snowman ornament! I really think this is just sooo cute (: Great job!

boynecitygrl said...

I love that little ornament. How stinkin cute is that.

Thanks for sharing.

Blessings,

Beth F

Conni said...

what a cute idea, and I bet it was fun getting those little bals in that little hole!!
C

Scrapping Julie said...

how stinkin cute are these!!!!!

Sara said...

Very cute

SueStampin Daly said...

Cute!!

One Creative Life said...

Adorable!! I have a pack of those and I am going to try those. Where did you find the styrofoam?

Katy Myhre said...

How cute!

Anonymous said...

This is so adorable, Gina! I love it!