Followers

Monday, December 8, 2008

Oh Christmas Tree

Just a quick post tonight, I have to be at work at 6:30 in the morning so I am going to bed very soon. Early morning is not my best time of day. This was another card that I made this weekend. I have seen several wreaths made with the Martha Stewart branch punch. I wanted to make a tree and this is what I came up with. I just used the branch punch to punch out a lot of branches with some olive card stock and glued them down in a tree shape. I stamped the Merry Christmas from the Just for You set by The Angel Company and embossed it with silver embossing powder. You can't really see the shimmer in the picture, but I painted the tips of the branches with silver Twinkling H2Os. It is pretty subtle, but I really like the effect that they gave. I thought about putting some decorations on the tree but decided I liked the plain tree with just the shimmer. What do you think?

9 comments:

Sara said...

OMG Gina, this is amamzing, I can't believe you did all of that with a punch-LOVE it!!!!

Anonymous said...

This is soooo gorgeous! I have to get together with my punch and do something. Thanks for the inspiration.

Kathryn said...

Love this so much - WOW!!
I adore how you punched out all those branches to create the tree -- so pretty!!

I think it looks PERFECT without any decorations - it's very elegant!!

TFS!!

BTW -- Thanks for the award! :)

Scrapping Julie said...

love it.and it looks so much better in person!!!

Unknown said...

This is fabulous! I need this punch. There are so many things you can do with it!

Melyssa said...

What a lot of punchies!! But soooo worth it! Your card is gorgeous!

Meow said...

Very nice and creative!

Katy Myhre said...

Awesome tree. Where did you find the branch punch?

Unknown said...

This is a fantastic card! It looks like it would take forever to make. I am not sure I have that much patience! I love it!